Office of Supervisor Hilda L. Solis Board of Supervisors, First District
County of Los Angeles
Social Program – Grant Guidelines
The Office of Los Angeles County Supervisor Hilda L. Solis seeks applications for Social Program grants under Board of Supervisors Policy 4.090. The purpose of Social Program grants is to develop or support programs that meet the diverse needs of the residents of the First District, on issues ranging from arts and culture, education, health, and justice, to specifically service the needs of those with physical or mental disabilities.
Grants are intended to:
- Incubate innovative programs
- Provide gap funding
- Encourage collaboration
- Invest in visionary leadership
- Support critical community needs
- Expand proven pilot innovations
- Create a network of partnership across the First District
Successful applicants will:
- Describe the problem or community need that the project addresses – and how your proposal addresses the problem
- Define what makes your approach unique – is it an improvement or a new model?
- Exhibit organizational strength – in reputation, structure and systems
- Demonstrate potential impact – will it be direct, exponential, or systemic?
- Leverage other funding for the project
Parks & Green Space
Workforce Development & Job Creation
Social Program grants are intended to be one-time grants, and not ongoing operations support.
Organizations or people awarded Social Program grants will be required to report on a series of metrics, including expected outcomes, number of people reached, region of the District served, amount of funds leveraged, etc. to the Deputy for grant funds. Grantees will also enter into a written agreement with the County, stipulating that the organization or person must provide a report of how the funds were spent Reporting will be done through the Executive Office of the Board of Supervisors, Fiscal Services Division as described in the written agreement.
Please refer questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. or call (213) 974-4111.